Fishing for Chaperones

Stilts fishermen near Unawatuna, Sri LankaImage via Wikipedia

How do we reach the heart of boys? Being a girl, I don't know the answer. I like talking, and reading and crafts. Ewwey stuff if you are a boy.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b9/Stilts_fishermen_Sri_Lanka_02.jpg/75px-Stilts_fishermen_Sri_Lanka_02.jpg
But I think it's action, motion, adventure that drives them. As in a fishing trip. Then I look at the disiples ... all MEN I might add ... and there sure was a heck of a lot of fishing going on. And outdoor dining, and hiking, and eating. So maybe we take our cues from the ancients, and reach our boys this way. And maybe that's the way to get men to reach boys.

It's looking like there may be some fishing expeditions in the offing for our boys, and I pray that God meets each and everyone of these boys - however mature they may be - through the interaction with nature, motors and each other.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment